Course Fee : 5,000 GBP
Course Duration : 5 Days
Outsourcing is a way for an organization to gain competencies as dictated by the needs of their business. Outsourcing effectively will allow the firm to speed up or slow down as the pace of your senior managements requirements, but without the burden all the overhead costs.
Outsourcing will increase the accountability and quality of your training function. Contractual issues can arise during domestic transactions, organisations must possess the knowledge to deal with these situations including within an international context such as export and import regulations, logistical operations and difference in standards, foreign taxation and FX.
As a leader in your organization’s training function, you need to be sure all the training you offer is meeting the learning needs of your organization in terms of relevance of content to current strategic business objectives of your organization, as well as timeliness, quality, and engagement.
This uniquely designed program provides an introduction to the topic of Outsourcing and Contracting out in both a domestic and international sense. We have structured the program to make delegates aware of the issues that can arise when working in the international arena of outsourcing; possession of this knowledge can significantly improve a delegate’s career in this field as well as reduce the operation costs of the organisation in which they work.
- Contract clause selection in accordance to situation
- Domestic and international sourcing methods
- Price development for contracting out transactions
- How to locate national and international contractors and suppliers
- Currency protection
- Labour rate analysis
- Define and communicate outsourcing as a management practice
- Learn to develop and manage an organisations end-to-end outsourcing process
- How to create and lead high performance outsourcing project team
- Integrating outsourcing into the organisations strategy and operations
- How to select outsourcing vendors
- Creating and negotiating the price and contract
- In-depth contract clause analysis
- Create strong contracts which protect your organisations interests and reduce potential risk
- Improve knowledge of contractual legislation
- Managing the transition to an outsourced environment
- Understand International Labour Rates
- Finding suppliers and outsourcing process
- Reduce issues when switching contractors
How This Helps Your Organization?
- Reduction in total costs of materials, services and equipment
- Improved supplier relationships and performance
- Increased productivity through higher service levels due to contractual obligations
- Stronger understanding of international outsourcing transactions
- Competitive advantage due to improved value on outsourcing contracts
How This Helps You Personally?
- Increased knowledge in international deals
- Improved skill set with regards to creating contracts and outsourcing efficiently
- Increased confidence
- Improved ability to produce the requirements of senior managers at a low cost
- Increased recognition within the organisation
- Improved work performance and managerial skills
Outsourcing Management Practice
- Understanding the Outsourcing Business Environment
- What is Outsourcing?
- Laying out Outsourcing objectives and standards
- Why do organisations outsource?
- What do organisations outsource?
- Framework for Outsourcing – Regulatory, Commercial, Logistics
- Discuss the differences between Offshoring and Outsourcing
- The role and importance of an Outsourcing Professional
Managing the Outsource End-to-End Process
- Understanding Outsourcing Business Processes (Flow Chart Approach)
- What are the sourcing options available
- Analyse the 5 stages of the Outsourcing process
- Management expectations and deadline setting
- Effective Outsourcing Monitoring & Management techniques
- Implementing the latest Project Management techniques into Outsourcing projects
- Performance measurement and assessing the capabilities of the organisation
Integrating Outsourcing into Business Operations
- Generating strategic outsourcing ideas
- Assessing Risk
- How to use Outsourcing Decision Matrix
- Identifying outsourcing opportunities
- Prioritising outsourcing opportunities
- Regulatory Framework
Create and Lead a High Performance Outsourcing Project Team
- The objectives of a high performing outsourcing team
- What are the standards expected of the team?
- Evaluate the different types of project teams required for each stage of the outsourcing process
- Bringing together the correct people and skillsets
- Leadership strategies for motivating a team
- How to execute a stakeholder analysis
- Case Study
Communicating Outsourcing Business Requirements
- How to convert an idea into a formal, market ready list of requirements for senior management
- Evaluate the alternative strategies available
- Request for Information (RFI)
- Request for Quotation (RFQ)
- Request for Proposal (RFP)
Choosing an appropriate Outsourcing Service Providers
- Evaluate the vendor selection process
- Process Flow & Components
- How to identify potential outsourcing service providers
- How to assess these service providers and decide if they align with corporate objectives
- Service Provider scoring
- Creating a Financial Analysis Model
- Current, Future, Project Cost Analysis
- How to project the financial benefits of outsourcing over the life of the outsourced business relationship
- Selecting the Optimal Pricing Model
Negotiations & Contracts
- Drawing up an effective structured contract
- Learn the best structure for an outsourcing contract
- What are the contents of the contract and which considerations should be taken?
- Discuss the Legal aspects of the contract as well as the terms and conditions
- How to negotiate with the outsource service provider to reduce costs
- Building strong Outsourced business relationships
- How to Plan effectively the operational aspects of the outsourced environment
- Manage the impact the outsourcing plan will have on current employees through the development of internal communication
- Manage the impact the outsourcing plan will have on communities through the development of external communication
- The Standards of Governance
- How to encourage continuous improvement in outsourcing
- How to create and manage a solid and healthy outsourcing business relationship
- Outsourcing Ethics
- Good & Best Outsourcing Ideas (which can be immediately applied to your organisation)
- Outsourcing Action Plan
- Business to Business Commerce
- Barriers for Buyers
- Licensing Technology
- Evolving Market types
- Case Study – WW Grainger
- Database Outsourcing
For further information as well as a structured outline of this course please download our program syllabus.
If you would like to make an inquiry regarding this course please send us an E-MAIL.
We are more than happy to help you with ANY questions you may have.